Pages

Wednesday 12 August 2015

Reading sample

Description: This term we had two choices to pick out of summarising and questioning I picked
Summarising. Summarising is when you have a long text and grab the keywords so you can make it smaller this is useful when your telling someone a story but you want to take up all their time. If you want to read the article here's a link http://tinyurl.com/puqvqmh.



Image: 



Big idea: The sample that I did was a story wheel that has helped me by visualising and writing. Drawing definitely helped me grab the key words so now that I have a few keywords I Can put that into my writing.


Feedback/Feedforward: Well done I really like the way you have grabbed the keywords out of this article and I don't think you could work on anything. Grace

Evaluation: I know I am getting better at summarising because I went to my friend and gave her the long article and showed her mine and she read both and said I have everything the long article has but shorter.








1 comment:

  1. Great, you have a good understanding of summarising and why we use it during reading.
    You have used your knowledge of key words to help you complete the task to a good standard. Don't forget to use the main points to help you summarise.
    Continue the good work and I look forward to hearing a summary of a book you have been reading.

    ReplyDelete