Pages

Wednesday 24 June 2015

Kapa Haka

Description:
Every Monday at 2:00 we go to kapa haka. Kapa haka is a place we you can grow knowledge of the maori culture. In kapa haka we sing and have actions, there is a special performing group called te matangi. This Thursday te matangi is performing a song for matariki.


Big idea:

At kapa haka I enjoy helping people learn about the maori culture.

I am most proud of becoming a kapa haka leader and leading the song.

I find singing in front of a large crowd because sometimes I get scared that I'm going to sing out of tune.

I am managing this by practicing at home and going over all of the songs.

A good goal for me is to practice pronouncing the words properly.

Our school wide focus this term has been around showing excellence. I show this at kapahaka by helping the little kids out if the are in need.








1 comment:

  1. Wow Serena! You don't appear nervous at all! I just love hearing you leading the Kapa Haka - you do a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete